Friday, April 7, 2017

Mini Easter Crates with Tutorial.

I found a video tutorial on You Tube from Rick Adkins. The only thing I changed, I made my sides 1/2 in. wide instead of a 1/4 in. and I used cardboard for some parts to make it stronger. It's a great tutorial, and I hope you will check it out on You Tube.



You start with a piece of cardstock 11x4.


Score at 3in. and 8in. Then you turn it to the short side and score it at 1/2in. on both sides. (sorry, I didn't have that picture).


Then you cut out the center of the outside flaps. After that you punch the handles on the side with the word window punch.


I don't have a woodgrain stamp, so I just used one from the Timeless Textures Stamp set.


I stamp the inside and outside.


In the center I added a piece of cardboard to make it stronger.


Then I cut 6 pieces out of cardboard. I stamp the front and back and distress all the edges.


I start on top on both sides gluing the pieces on. 


Then the bottom on both sides, and last the center.


The finished product. I'm gonna use mine for little Easter crates.


These are easy and fun to make and can be made for different occasions. They measure 3x5.






Here are my finished Easter crates. I die-cut the letters for their names.
Renate









No comments:

Post a Comment