Sunday, August 23, 2015
Here are a few of my designs. I couldn't find any paper clip dies except in the Stamping Up catalog, but a bit pricey for me. So I just thought on how I could make my own. I had the ribbon slide punch and I just gave it a try. As you can see they turned out pretty good.
I tried different shapes and sizes. On most of them, I used 2 glued together 80lb. cardstock shapes.
On the black ones I used black glitter embossing powder and heat set. Then I added a layer of UTEE.
On the plain ones I just used one layer of UTEE. They are fun to make. You have to do a little measuring, but well worth the result. Blessings, Renate
Saturday, August 8, 2015
I used stencils, tissue paper and part of an old dictionary page. On top I put a layer of Mod Podge.
I made a little pocket with an oval cut out.
On the tags I used the same stencil.
As you already know, I like to add a strip of Capri Sun foil to the center for strength.
Here I added a tiny envelope. (2 1/8 x 2 1/8)
Tuesday, August 4, 2015
I found a tutorial at: stempelherz.de
I put my own spin on it. I did the front with mixed media and a layer of Mod Podge. I used velcro for the closure.
I added more pockets to the whole book.
You have a recipe pocket and an other pocket on top.
Another recipe pocket and a smaller pocket on top of it.
Here I used a small envelope on top of this pocket. Here you can see, that the book is held together by eyelets and a ribbon.
Another pocket on top of the recipe pocket.
Here I recycled a piece of cardboard from small caramel tubs.
Here I made a different envelope on top of this recipe pocket.
Here are my recipe cards. The left one I made with my own coffee dyed paper.
The right one I printed out.
The card on the left I printed out.
The one on the right I made.
Of course you can use the front and back of the cards.
I will post a tutorial how to make the base for this book, if anyone would like to try it.