Saturday, November 18, 2017
I used mixed media paper for this project and my gable box die.
I just stamped randomly all over. Then I used blue and green spray. For the blue I just used water and blue food coloring, the green one I bought. The green also has some glitter in it.
The stamps on this side are from Darkroom Door.
Inside I just included some candy.
Saturday, November 11, 2017
I made some of these a couple of years ago, it's from Jenn Of Eve Designs. On this one I just wanted to add my own spin to it. As a closure I chose a puzzle piece with one layer of UTEE and you tie it in the back.
Here's a close-up so you can see the "wet" effect one layer of UTEE makes.
This is the back.
Here's the twist. I added a piece in the front, so you get 3 more pockets. I glued it down on the bottom and on the spines.
Here's the side pocket.
The back pocket.
And the front pocket.
Here is the inside pocket on the left and the booklet.
In the center I added a clear pocket.
On the last page I used a negative strip to hold my mini file folder.
I made a little shaker pocket with some old stamps I found that belonged to my parents.
I used eyelets on my journal and 2 ribbons. I didn't take a picture but on each of my journal pages I put washi tape in the center to make it stronger when you punch your holes.
Once again, these are fun to make, Renate
Tuesday, October 31, 2017
I found these mini jars at Walmart and thought I can fix something for my "girls" for Halloween.
I came across this recipe that only used 3 ingredients: 3/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup olive oil and 1TB lemon juice. It makes just enough to fill one of these little jars. They also get the boxes I posted before.
I hope everyone has a great Halloween, Renate
Saturday, October 28, 2017
I used my puzzle die for the background. Unfortunately the "cat" was taller than I thought, but I will leave it this way.
The shaker part I did like the last box.
I have a spiderweb die that I used on this side.
As background I used old book pages.
Here you can see the cat better.
For the splatters I used thinned out acrylic paint.
I think the bats name is Lucille.
Sunday, October 22, 2017
I covered the box in old pages. Then I printed some "Mad Hatter Stuff" out.
I made the round quote with an epoxy sticker.
I sponged around the opening and added some UTEE to it.
For the shaker part I used a baseball card sleeve and adhered it with double-sided tape. This way you don't have to worry about the foam part, and the sequins still move freely. I used washi tape to close the opening of the sleeve.
The box is a 9x9 piece of card stock. You score it at 3 and 6 inches, turn it, and score again at 3 and 6 inches. When you cut the flaps in, you cut them in a "pinwheel pattern". This way, each side has a flap to make the box stronger.
For the lid you need a piece of 51/16 x 51/16 inch piece of card stock and score it at 1 inch on all 4 sides. On the lid you can glue the flaps down as usual.
Before I assemble the lid, I cut out the square and attach my sequins. Then I glue the flaps down.
Wednesday, October 18, 2017
I got this gable box die at Michaels for 50% off.
I wanted the length to be 3 inches long, instead of 2 inches. So I just die-cut the gable box as usual and then cut the bottom flaps off and added a 6x4 piece of cardstock to it. I scored it where the scorelines where and left an inch for the bottom.
For the background I used wine corks, that I stamped randomly in the front and the one side.
For the cut-out I used some Vellum with alcohol inks on it.
For the cat, I colored it with a magic marker, followed by a glitter pen. After it dried I added about 3 layers of UTEE.
This side I stamped different Halloween words. Then I just splattered it with acrylic paint.
This was an easy project. I'm trying to see what else you can do with the gable die.