Tuesday, January 26, 2016
Yesterday, I felt like sewing. I had some "coffee"- material that I wanted to use up for a while.
All I did, I folded the edges over about 2 inches, and ironed it down as I was folding it over. On the same side I repeated this step and folded it over again, and ironed it as I went along. Then I pinned it. This I repeated on the other 3 sides. Then I just sewed along the inside edge. When I was done, I sewed a rectangle in each corner. That's it.
I love to use the wax melts.
The centerpiece is just a piece of wood, that displays some of the shells, we found at the beach.
This glass candleholder also has some shells on the inside. Over the top I put some acrylic skin.
Tuesday, January 19, 2016
This card is made out of one 12x12 sheet of paper. It measures 3x4 when closed. I added a pocket on the outside of the card.
On the right you have a top pocket.
Here I added an envelope.
I made a shaker balloon.
On the left I glued a coffee stained paper, I had left over.
On the left I made a pocket with an acetate window. On the right I added 2 mini envelopes and you have a pocket on top.
On the last pages I made an origami frame and another pocket.
This is the back view.
I don't have an Envelope punch board, so I just designed my own pattern for the spool card.
The pencil is a painted toothpick. I found the tutorials online. The top and bottom of the card I embossed with UTEE. The card is 3x3. Blessings, Renate
Tuesday, January 12, 2016
This is the front.
On the back I used, used dryer sheets, and spray painted them.
The circle technique I found on You Tube. I think it was cat hand: painted circles tutorial.
It is a bit more sturdy then the first one, but will put a layer of Mod Podge over the front and back.
Sunday, January 10, 2016
I found several tutorials. I used the Elmers Glue I had on hand and just mixed it 2:1 - 2 parts glue, 1 part water, or til you have a milky consistency.
For the background I used coffee filters, I stained with spray paints I had mixed up.
I taped down some plastic wrap and started layering. Coffee filters first, and then everything else I could find, tissue paper, origami paper, old dictionary papers, cutouts, lace....
You can't go wrong...just glue down what you got.
After I was done, and the glue was still wet, I sprinkled some Perfect Pearls over it. You do need to let it dry for a day. It peels off really easy. It turned out good, but to thin for what I was gonna use it for...another Midori...
So I'm working on a new one. This time I will use, used dryer sheets, and more layers. We'll see how this works out. It's fun to create your own cover. Blessings Renate
Tuesday, January 5, 2016
I started out by taking a babywipe and applying acrylic paint with it for the background.
Then I covered the whole thing, and sides, in Mod Podge. I crinkled up white tissue paper and applied it to the surface and sides. After it dried I just tore off the leftover tissue.
Then I tore up some dictionary pages and Mod Podged them on there.
Here I applied texture paste with stencils, that I mixed with some acrylic paint.
This is the finished canvas. On the left bottom, I made some origami pyramids and glued them on. I also went over it with some more acrylic paint, that I applied with my finger and some perfect pearls.
On the anchor I just added a charm.
Here I took some acrylic paint, and poured it on some plastic and just swirled it around and let it dry for about 2 days. Then you can just peel it off.
I also added an envelope with tags.
I used real sticks for the "dream" background.
I was playing around with my gluegun. And that is what I came up with.