Sunday, November 29, 2015

Floating Chevron Card.

I don't have a chevron punch, so I used my chevron die to make the cutouts. I first cut my panel out, then I added a piece of acetate behind it, then I glued my cutouts behind it. And behind that I glued a panel of an old dictionary page, and then glued it on my card. On the hope cutout I put a layer of UTEE on it.

Here's a close-up.

This is my chevron die. It worked quite well. I just measured the panel 2 inches wide by 6 inches long. Afterwards I cut the excess off. I left a 1/4 inch border all around the panel. Then marked off 1 inch all the way down the panel. This worked well for my die.
Since I used glue dots to glue everything down I got some 3D effect on the chevron panel.
This card took me awhile to put together, but well worth it.
Blessings, Renate

Mini Milk Carton.

Thursday, November 26, 2015


I found a tutorial from Linda Parker online. I don't have an envelope punchboard so I used my corner punch at the bottom. Turns out, it makes like little hearts.

On this one I used rolled up magazine paper. On top, to cover the tubes I put eyelets and screws.

For the handle I just squashed a tube and cut it to size. Very sturdy.

It was fun to make these teacups.
Blessings, Renate

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Another Faux Dori.

This Faux Dori is a bit smaller then the other one. But as usual I cover everything with Mod Podge.

The back side. I used acrylic paint to cover the front and back and inside.

On the inside front I added 3 Pockets.

On the left is a folder.

The same folder only smaller.

The next few pictures are acetate pockets .

Two Pockets in the front...

...and back.

Another pocket for big tags.

On the left is a clear pocket and on the right another folder.

The inside back cover.

Here you can see the size difference. The small one has 4 booklets in it. I hope you will give it a try and make one., It took me weeks to make these, but the result are well worth it. .
Blessings, Renate

Faux Dori.

 Here is my newest Faux Dori. This is the front. On the edges I used a ribbon. Everything got 2 coats of Mod Podge.

This is the back. I also made the bead.

I also decorated the inside cover and put 2 coats of Mod Podge over it. On the right is a origami pocket with a coin envelope I made.

Here I just added 2 Pockets.

Here is a clear pocket with an origami wallet inside.

I used newspaper to make some pockets.

On the left I made some tiny envelopes. On the right I made a pocket with acetate windows and little folders for notes.

On the left is a clear pocket with a coin envelope. On the right an embossed pocket.

 This is part of an envelope that I liked. I just stamped it and used it.

I made a whole booklet of just coffee dyed paper.

As a cover of a booklet I used water color paper, and colored it.

On the other side i made a folder and envelope.

Another folder.

Here I got 2 clear pockets.

This is the back inside.

The front inside.

And the front again without the string. This Faux Dori took me a while to put together. It's always fun to see what it look like when I'm done. This one has 3 Booklets in it. The first one I printed a lot of pages with lines. The 2nd one was with the coffee dyed paper, and the 3rd one was just grid paper that I cut to size. I don't sew my pages together, this way I can insert a lot more stuff if I want to.
The next one is a smaller size...