Saturday, June 27, 2015

My re-done Faux Midori.

On the outside I used some old dictionary pages. Covered with 2 coats of Mod Podge.

The inside. Here you can see where I put the capri sun pieces to reinforce the eyelets. You can't see it after you put all your booklets in.

I made 4 booklets for this one.

 This is a pinwheel fun fold.

Blessings, Renate

Saturday, June 20, 2015

My 2nd Faux - Dori

I glued some maps, I got out of an old dictionary, onto some cardstock. Then I went over it with a little of Vintage Photo distress ink on the seams of the ripped maps. This time I made the cover 10x6 (5x6 folded). Then I added 2 layers of Mod Podge. On the inside I added 1 layer of Mod Podge. I made the bead out of some old dictionary pages and UTEE.

 The back.

I made the eylets side by side this time. Works out a lot better. Before I punched my holes I enforced them with some Capri Sun foil (just clean out a pouch and cut to size). Just a strip on top, middle and bottom. This stuff is pretty tough, so I thought it wouldn't hurt, so the holes won't fray.

This is a view from the top. I got 4 booklets in this one.

This is an envelope insert. These are easy and fun to make. Not my idea. Found it on You Tube.

The tabs and paperclips I found at Ollies.

Next few pictures are just some inserts I made. On the right is the 6 pocket insert.

Here I just cut a ziploc bag to size. I'm still working on it, but wanted to post it. For the first Faux-Dori I'm making a new cover, because after I was done putting everything in it, the outside cover was too small. So when I get it done I will post the revised version. Also, I didn't sew my booklets this time. I will see which I like better. It's easier to insert different things.
Thanks for checking it out.
Blessings, Renate

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

My First Faux - Dori.

I used a piece of cardboard for the outside. I used the faux leather technique on it to make it flexible. After that dried I applied 2 coats of Mod Podge on it.

I added eyelets to mine.

This is part of an envelope, the other part will be in the book.

On the right side is the cover for my first booklet that I made.

The next few pictures are just inserts that I added.

Both pages have plastic bags on them, so You can put pictures in them.

On the left is the back of my booklet. On the right is the other part of the envelope.

There I made a smaller booklet.

And the back cover.
This is a 4x5 size when folded. The next one I will make a bit bigger, and be more aware when I make the booklets that they will not stick out if at all possible. And I will make my outside holes side by side. My booklets are held together by dental floss, which works quite well.
This was a fun learning project. They are easy to do, and you can add whatever you want. The possibilities are endless. I hope you will give it a try. There are plenty of how - to - videos on the internet.
Blessings, Renate

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Card with a Tag.

On the background I used Distress Inks an just splattered water on it and let it dry.

I covered the whole outside with Mod Podge. Then I added my embellishments.

I added a Pocket on the left inside.
I hope everybody has a great week.
Blessings Renate

Pocket Letter #4.

 I added a little moon charm to this Pocket Letter. On the front I used an epoxy sticker, that I put together.

On the cover I used distress inks. I dipped the sponge in the ink, then in a drop or two of glycerin. This way the colors blend really well. Love the effect. Plus the cardstock feels quite smooth and silky. (Not my Idea-found tutorial on You Tube)

In the center I always try to add some tape, to make the spine more durable. So maybe the holes won't fray out to quick.

This time I didn't do anything to the pages. I just left them plain. These Pocket Letters are quite addicting!!!
Blessings Renate

Saturday, June 6, 2015

My 3rd Pocket Letter with Faux Leather Cover.

I added some glass beads on the binding. You can find the tutorial at: Sheena's Faux Leather Technique on You Tube.

I also added stencils and word stamps throughout the pages.

I used Mod Podge inside and outside of the cover.