Saturday, June 20, 2015

My 2nd Faux - Dori


I glued some maps, I got out of an old dictionary, onto some cardstock. Then I went over it with a little of Vintage Photo distress ink on the seams of the ripped maps. This time I made the cover 10x6 (5x6 folded). Then I added 2 layers of Mod Podge. On the inside I added 1 layer of Mod Podge. I made the bead out of some old dictionary pages and UTEE.

 The back.



I made the eylets side by side this time. Works out a lot better. Before I punched my holes I enforced them with some Capri Sun foil (just clean out a pouch and cut to size). Just a strip on top, middle and bottom. This stuff is pretty tough, so I thought it wouldn't hurt, so the holes won't fray.



This is a view from the top. I got 4 booklets in this one.



This is an envelope insert. These are easy and fun to make. Not my idea. Found it on You Tube.



The tabs and paperclips I found at Ollies.



Next few pictures are just some inserts I made. On the right is the 6 pocket insert.




Here I just cut a ziploc bag to size. I'm still working on it, but wanted to post it. For the first Faux-Dori I'm making a new cover, because after I was done putting everything in it, the outside cover was too small. So when I get it done I will post the revised version. Also, I didn't sew my booklets this time. I will see which I like better. It's easier to insert different things.
Thanks for checking it out.
Blessings, Renate