Tuesday, January 5, 2016

My first Mixed Media Canvas.


I started out by taking a babywipe and applying acrylic paint with it for the background.
Then I covered the whole thing, and sides, in Mod Podge. I crinkled up white tissue paper and applied it to the surface and sides. After it dried I just tore off the leftover tissue.
Then I tore up some dictionary pages and Mod Podged them on there.


Here I applied texture paste with stencils, that I mixed with some acrylic paint.



This is the finished canvas. On the left bottom, I made some origami pyramids and glued them on. I also went over it with some more acrylic paint, that I applied with my finger and some perfect pearls.



On the anchor I just added a charm.


Here I took some acrylic paint, and poured it on some plastic and just swirled it around and let it dry for about 2 days. Then you can just peel it off.


I also added an envelope with tags.


I used real sticks for the "dream" background.


I was playing around with my gluegun. And that is what I came up with.

Blessings, Renate

No comments:

Post a Comment