Saturday, February 3, 2018

Barn Door Slider Card made without Dies.


You can buy the dies at SU, but I thought I can figure out how to make this card without dies.
It turned out pretty good. For the sliding mechanism I used a strip of dimensional squares, since I didn't need the rolling mechanism. In all the videos I watched, everyone used washers and pennies, which didn't make sense since you want it to slide not roll.
For the handle I used my Happy Planner punch, and glued 2 of the punched out scraps together.
For the track, I just measured 3/4 inches all around, and where the points met I punched a hole. Then just use your craft knife and cut out between the 2 holes. As you can see, when I attached the door, I didn't center it with the dimensionals. But it still turned out good.


For the background I just glued an old book page down, to give it some contrast. For the door, I just printed out a wood background and glued it on the card stock.


This was fun to put together and figure out how to do it without dies. I hope you give it a try.
Imagine ... Create ... and Enjoy.
Renate

No comments:

Post a Comment