Sunday, October 22, 2017

Mad Hatter Halloween Box with Shaker Lid.


I covered the box in old pages. Then I printed some "Mad Hatter Stuff" out.





I made the round quote with an epoxy sticker.


I sponged around the opening and added some UTEE to it.


For the shaker part I used a baseball card sleeve and adhered it with double-sided tape. This way you don't have to worry about the foam part, and the sequins still move freely. I used washi tape to close the opening of the sleeve.





The box is a 9x9 piece of card stock. You score it at 3 and 6 inches, turn it, and score again at 3 and 6 inches. When you cut the flaps in, you cut them in a "pinwheel pattern". This way, each side has a flap to make the box stronger.
For the lid you need a piece of 51/16 x 51/16 inch piece of card stock and score it at 1 inch on all 4 sides. On the lid you can glue the flaps down as usual.
Before I assemble the lid, I cut out the square and attach my sequins. Then I glue the flaps down.
Renate

No comments:

Post a Comment