Wednesday, August 22, 2018

My 2nd "Stack the Pages" Album.


For the cover I did the following: I used white card stock and used newspaper and tore it into pieces and glued it on the card stock. When I was done I laid a post card under it before I copied the card stock. This is what I got. I liked it, so I used the copy as my cover, over some card board. This album is 41/4x51/4in. 



The spine is 13/4in.


And the back view.


I once again used the clip as closure.


On the right I attached an acetate pocket. Inside is an envelope and a journal card.


Here you cans see the journal card.


I painted this envelope, used stamps and sewed it. I saw a tutorial at: Roben Marie Smith blog.


The inside.

And the back view.

Next I made a belly band. on the right is a side pocket. You can see the insert below.


This is a different kind of envelope. Instead of gluing the sides I just punched holes and tied them up.
Julie Woodward has a video tutorial on how to make these. I just put my own spin on it and made it a bit smaller.


On the inside you have a pocket.


This is the insert for the envelope.


This is the insert for the side pocket above. On the right I just sewed a few pages in the folder.


On this page I added a bag, and on top of it a vellum pocket. On the right I didn't want anything.


Sorry, this turned out kind of blurry.


On the next page I have a "floating" pocket. It's held into place by a magnet. The floating part has 2 pockets. The one behind it has one pocket.


This is what's behind the floating pocket.


Some tags I painted.

On the right is a flip out panel to reveal a vellum side pocket.


This is the tag I painted for the vellum pocket.


On the inside flip out panel I added a belly band and some die cut paper clips. I added a card with an attached envelope that can be opened.


On the left I liked the paper, so I didn't add anything to it. On the right I made a vellum belly band and added some washi tape over it. This is also a fold out page.


This is the die cut journal card I made.


This is the inside of the foldout page. On the left you have a tug spot.


I like to sew on old book pages.


Here another journal card I made.


I added a square tag to this belly band.


This is the booklet I painted, that's under the belly band.




On the left is a side pocket I painted.
On the right is a 3 pocket insert that flips open to reveal an envelope.


I adhered this envelope to the back page.
This album has 6 base pages. Thanks again to "jen of eve designs" for some great video tutorials.
As you can tell, this didn't have a theme again. But I just like to put my own spin on things.
These are quite fun to make, because you never know what you come up with.
Renate

No comments:

Post a Comment